The commingling of public and private investments remains an evolving trend that brings unique opportunities for allocators to diversify investments to multiple alternative asset classes. With this opportunity, however, come unique challenges.
To that end, we have remained laser-focused over this last quarter to ensure our clients have a single lens to look holistically across all portfolios, regardless of asset class or diversity of external managers. We are excited to announce several key milestones reached in Q1, including the integration of our Private Capital Markets capabilities, along with the availability of Eurekahedge Private Equity data, which we have detailed below.
In this Issue
Private Capital Markets
Vidrio now supports the complete investment allocation process across the alternative investment sphere, including allocations to hedge funds, private equity, private credit, and real estate. While our evolved applications for portfolio management, transaction support, research, and holdings analysis overlap across public and private allocation types, we have also added new capabilities specific to the Private Capital markets, including:
- Valuation of non-unitized products, such as private equity and hedge fund partnerships
- Monitoring of notional investments, including notional value and PnL (market value), Swaps, Bonds and Index Futures
- Private Capital markets funds and look-through holdings monitoring, including additional fundamental data metrics
- Additional investment transaction types (commitment, distributions, capital calls, etc.)
- Additional asset class specific cashflow analytics (IRR, MIRR, etc.) and cashflow forecasting models
- Tracking of T&Cs for Private Capital Markets Funds
- Integration of the Eurekahedge Private Equity Fund database
Featured below is a view of the new Vidrio Cashflow Analytics. For more information on all of the below-outlined capabilities, including the more than 50 new statistics and data fields being captured on the Vidrio platform, please contact email@example.com. Existing clients, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request access.
Above: A screenshot of Vidrio's Cashflow Analytics
See updated cash balances whenever there is a new contribution or a distribution transaction, as shown below.
Above: Vidrio Cashflow Transactions, chart view
Monitoring Private Capital Funds and Holdings
You can now see holdings data aggregated at different levels, including an exposure summary at the Fund and Portfolio levels as well as a long list of additional fundamental data metrics at both the fund and underlying asset holdings level.
Above: Private Capital Markets - Holdings (List and Chart Views)
General: Vintage, Fund Status, Size, Type, Target Size
Terms & Conditions: Management Fee, Hurdle Rate, GP Catch-Up Rate, Closing Date, Min/Max Commitment Amount, Harvest, Commitment, Investment and Capital Call Notice periods
Normalized and enriched Position-level information:
- Descriptive Attributes – Industry, Sector, Geography, Deal Type, Status, etc.
- Fundamentals – Revenue, Sales, Net Income, Debt, EBITDA, etc.
- Valuation – Market Value, Realized PnL, Unrealized PnL, etc.
Eurekahedge Private Equity Fund Database
Above: Eurekahedge Private Equity Fund Database via Vidrio
Our Private Capital Markets enhancements also include the integration of the Eurekahedge Private Equity Fund Database. Please contact email@example.com for a demo. Existing clients, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request access.
Top Read Q1 Blog Posts
Click below to read the listed blog posts.
- Thought Leadership Round-Up: Manager Research and Due Diligence
- An "Unprecedented" Year
- Private Markets Due Diligence in a New Era